The changes are as follows:
- collection day is now on Monday
- garbage and recycling collection is biweekly -- garbage one week and recycling the next
- organics collection is weekly
We are now using the new waste, recycling and organics bins that were delivered in December. Each bin you received has a special code that is printed on the side indicating your address.
You selected either small, medium or large waste and recycling bins. If you have discovered that the size you chose is either too small or too large for the amount you put out every two weeks, you may contact the Region of Peel Wasteline by phone or through their website to change to a different size.
- Carts cannot be exchanged until April 1, 2016.
- From April 1 to April 30, 2016, cart exchanges are FREE
- Starting May 1, 2016, an exchange fee of $25 per cart will apply (covers the cost to pick up and clean your carts and deliver and register new ones
What about the old blue bins and organics bins we used before? Go to http://www.peelregion.ca/waste/carts#carts-old-bins for more information.