You will have received a Construction Notice this week from the City of Mississauga regarding some construction work that will be undertaken starting this month and possibly lasting through the Fall and early Winter months.
The City will be rehabilitating the culvert through which the creek runs under the western section of Kos Blvd. -- by the entrance to Birchwood Park. The description of the construction work is projected to include:
- removal and replacement of the damaged corrugated steel panels
- reconstruction of the retaining wall
- asphalt replacement
- improvements to the surrounding area
The City has indicated that the project will have an impact on traffic along the west arm of Kos Blvd. Although the road will remain open to traffic at all time during the construction, residents may experience some delays.
Residents who live north of the creek on Kos Blvd. will be affected most by this construction and may want to travel east along Kos to exit.
A special note to all residents of Birch Glen from the Residents' Association:
- parking along the west section of Kos Blvd. will certainly be affected during the construction period
- we ask that you do not park along this stretch of the road once construction begins.
Your cooperation in this matter will be greatly appreciated. If you have any questions or need more information, please contact Mr. Zeljko Subic, P.Eng. at 905-615-3200 ext. 5830.
We will be keeping an eye on the project once it begins and will update you here as needs arise.